Monday, May 24, 2010

Are you a Cheerio? (and not the cereal)

Whether you are Quinn who takes on a permanent cheerio status or Kurt and Mercedes who joined for a short time, they all have one thing in common. They did it.  They joined the team. They put themselves out there and cheered their little hearts out. We all can be Cheerios.

You know those certain buddies we go to for writing advice. Some helps us with plot, others with grammar when we slaughter it mercifully.  Then there is the buddy you call for whining and complaining.  Yup, your cheerio squad!

Ahhh, coach Sue.  Hate to say it but someone has to give us heck.  We wouldn't want to get to full of ourselves.  If we have someone like this though we would either laugh, cry or go slightly insane. Seriously, the stuff she comes out with....
        
      "I'm going to ask you to smell your armpits. That's the smell of failure, and it's stinking up my office."

     "I'm about to projectile express myself all over your Hush Puppies."

     "You think this was hard? Try auditioning for Baywatch and being told they're going in another direction.    That was hard."

     "I'm all about empowerment. I empower my Cheerios to live in a state of constant fear by creating an environment of irrational, random terror."

    "I don't trust a man with curly hair. I keep picturing small birds laying sulfurous eggs in there, and I find it disgusting."

     "You sunk my battleship Rod.  And you sunk it hard."

So, join the squad.  Cheer away.  Get that query written. Stop procrastinating or Coach Sue will be all over you, making you smell your armpits. Failure is for wusses.  Cheer for yourself and cheer for others!  Put in the hard work and reap the rewards!

How is that for a dose of inspiration!  Yea, you go Cheerios!

Oh gosh I am such a Gleek. I'm going to put the i-pod to Glee songs now.

2 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Oh gosh, those Sue Sylvester quotes are the BEST. I'm going to cry when Glee is over for the summer!

Tahereh said...

hahahaha this was BRILLIANT!!

thanks for the laugh, love! you've got a great blog :D